Let
me first start off by saying that this game is oh so much more than I ever
expected. Not only is Trine 2 beautiful, but it supports superb 3 player Co-Op
in a side-scrolling world that raises the bar for these types of games.
For
those of you who know me, you’d know that I am not a fan of side scrollers.
This game changed that for me. Trine 2’s visuals are easily some of the best I’ve
ever seen in a game. On top of that, the gameplay is also great. Throughout each
level you are tasked with solving various physics puzzles and overcoming
obstacles. The voice acting is half bad either and the whole experience is
really quite magical.
There
are three playable characters, the warrior, mage, and thief (archer). You can
choose to either play in Unlimited mode where you can freely change between the
characters at the press of a button or play as one character all the way
through. Each character has completely different abilities so Unlimited mode
makes the game a whole lot more fun and less repetitive.
I
don’t want to go into too many details otherwise it would ruin the feeling of
the experience for those of you who will play it in the future.
The game is on
PC, PS3, 360, Mac, and Linux for a normal list price of $19.99.
I
was lucky enough to have a friend get the 3 copy pack of this game for $5.99 on
sale last week on Steam. I've heard rumors that it will be featured in an
upcoming Humble Bundle Weekly Sale so keep your eye out for this one. I will
update the Facebook page with information as it comes.
After
4 hours played neither my friend nor I actually took any screenshots. The game
is just really immersive. So I have pulled some screenshots from the Steam
Community page to give an idea of just how amazing this game looks. Enjoy!




0 comments:
Post a Comment